Congratulations on taking the most important step of purchasing your new home!
You have just signed and accepted to purchase your new property!
There are a few steps you need to take before your contract goes from “conditional” to “unconditional
- Selecting your solicitor: As a purchaser, your first step is to nominate a solicitor to represent you during the contractual period. This service can range from as little as $800 – $1,500. These details will be inserted into the contract so the contract can begin.
- Selecting your broker/bank: If you haven’t already done so, the bank/broker will require a PDF copy of the contract to begin searching for the best deal for you. We will email a copy of the contract to you and your solicitor which you can forward onto your broker/bank
- Booking your building and pest inspection: If you have not been recommended one already by a friend, or family member, you can easily google all the local inspectors in your area. The price can range from $420 to $700 and this service normally includes both the building and pest inspection.
- Paying your deposit: On the contract, above the purchase price, you will find bank details for our trust account. We generally allow 5 business days for the transfer and bear in mind your deposit limit as this payment may need to be split into 3 separate payments.
- Pre Settlement Inspection: On the day of settlement, you the buyer are entitled to conduct a final inspection on the property you are purchasing. This gives you the opportunity to inspect the home to make sure the property has been left in the same condition as when you purchased it. If you would like to book a Final Inspection you will need to call us 5 days prior to the settlement date;
Some things to understand about your Final Inspection.
You are allowed to conduct just one final inspection
The owners may still be in the home, this is totally normal as they still own the property up to and until settlement time. Please remember they also will be moving into another property so they may not have the access to move their items early so please be understanding.
The home may not be vacant when you inspect.
The home is to be left clean but unless it’s a condition of your contract does not need to be professionally cleaned.
The bins at the property maybe full as no doubt owners throw many things out while moving. Again they are allowed to fill the bins
The property if you inspect the home the day prior to Settlement may still not be cleaned, remember they still have until Settlement Time to have it cleaned and all items removed by (which we will keep an eye on anyway for you)
The Final Inspection must be you the purchasers inspecting the property – No quotes, Builders, Painters or other trades persons are allowed to attend the final inspection to do quotes.
If there are items or things of concern you will have to contact your Solictor immediately.
Any keys, remotes, paperwork on the property that the current owners have will be left in the home for you at Settlement.
SETTLEMENT DAY: The most exciting day of all has arrived… It’s SETTLEMENT DAY!!! and you will finally get to move into your new home!
Settlement generally occurs between the hours of 2pm to 3pm (approximate time). Your solicitor will organize and attend settlement on your behalf.
Once settlement has occurred, we will be notified via email or fax by both your solicitor and the sellers solicitor, that the contract is now complete. Once we receive confirmation from both solicitors, we will then contact you immediately to hand over the keys.
We will of course work around you as to where we will meet up to hand over the keys. In most cases, we prefer to meet you at your NEW HOME however we can arrange to meet at our office situated at 2898 Logan Road in Underwood. This now concludes the process of purchasing your new home! From all the team here at All Properties Group, we would like to congratulate you once again. We look forward to seeing you again in the future, Junaid Ally